Pages

Wednesday 10 July 2013

Suppose you don't know what to do, You can kneel, but you don't know what words to use.

Suppose you don't know what to do, you don't even know how to pray. You can kneel, but you don't know what words to use.
Now's the time to pray the Lord's Prayer. It's just inside the New Testament. Put it into the first person singular:
"My Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name" (Matt. 6:9; Jesus said, "In this manner, ... pray." No matter who you are, or how unworthy you are, you are given the right to walk in past all the holy angels to the throne of God with these words). Save me from bringing disgrace on Your name.
"Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven" (vs. 10; let me do or say something today that is right).
"Give me this day my daily bread" (vs. 11; and the inexpressible joy of being satisfied with what my portion is of either the temporal or spiritual kind. Thank You for my portion!)
"And forgive me my debts," (vs. 12a; that is--my sins). This credit card debt is a constant load I can't carry; oh, to breathe free again! Please teach me to say no next time I'm tempted to sin; and yes, to say no to self all day.
"As I forgive my debtors" (vs. 12b; that means I practice self-denial until I pay my credit card balance; at the same time I pay my debt of forgiveness to those who have wronged me personally and painfully. It hurts, but yes, I do).
"And do not lead me into temptation, but deliver me from the evil one" (vs. 13a; any temptation to any sin is greater than I have the strength to endure, of myself. Thanks that at last I know the truth).
"For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen" (vs. 13b; thanks that at last I realize it's not mine).

No comments:

Post a Comment